Below is a snapshot of some of the topics and interests you can expect to see in the pages of the December 2020 issue of Rock & Gem. Plus, we've included some sample pages for you to enjoy.
• Zoisite: A Massive Mineral Marked by Christmas-Like Color and Appeal. By Bob Jones
• Rock Shop of Distinction: Nevada Mineral & Book Company (Part II): Delivering the Details. By Jim Brace-Thompson
• Uncommon Giants: Southern Continents Reveal Fossils of Unexpected Dinosaur Species. By Steve Voynick
• Pleasing Pyrope: Variety of Garnet Helps Put Italy on the Geologic Map. By Matteo Oberto
• SPECIAL SECTION: Tools of the Trade — Covington Engineering
• Popular Pseudomorph Minerals (Part I): More Than What They Seem. By Bob Jones
• Field Trip Finds in Joplin: Exploring the "Town That Jack Built". By Bill Reynolds
• Oregon Thundereggs: One Collector's New View. By Antoinette Rahn
In addition, you'll find the following regular R&G columns: Bench Tips with Bob Rush, Rock Science with Steve Voynick, What to Cut with Russ Kaniuth, On the Rocks with Bob Jones, Rock & Gem Kids and Earth Science In the News with Jim Brace-Thompson, Sneak Peek: Opals, The Road Report with Helen Serras-Herman, Just Off the Wheels with Erin Dana Balzrette, Show Dates, and the always popular Parting Shot.
If you enjoyed what you’ve read here we invite you to consider signing up for the FREE Rock & Gem weekly newsletter. Learn more>>>
In addition, we invite you to consider subscribing to Rock & Gem magazine. The cost for a one-year U.S. subscription (12 issues) is $29.95. Learn more >>>