Below is a snapshot of some of the topics and interests you can expect to see in the pages of the November 2020 issue of Rock & Gem. Plus, we've included some sample pages for you to enjoy.
• Patriotic Pride: Jerry Muchna Salutes America in Faceted Gem Quartz. By Bob Jones
• "Fingerprinting" Turquoise: Answering the Questions of Provenance. By Steve Voynick
• Mining & Military Veterans: Recognizing Mining Support of Veterans and a Call to Recognize Veterans. By Antoinette Rahn
• Faceting Focus: Diane's Oval. By Jim Perkins, Mark Oros, and Antoinette Rahn: Sponsored by Cutting Edge Supply Co.
• Rock Shop of Distinction: Nevada Mineral & Book Company (Part I). By Jim Brace-Thompson
• SPECIAL SECTION: Tools of the Trade — Cutting Edge Supply Co.
• Marvelous Micromounts: Magnifying Minerals for a Perfect View. By Bob Jones
• San Diego Mineral & Gem Society & Museum: Celebrating, Showcasing, and Preserving Natural and Community History. By Helen Serras-Herman
In addition, you'll find the following regular R&G columns: Bench Tips with Bob Rush, Rock Science with Steve Voynick, What to Cut with Russ Kaniuth, On the Rocks with Bob Jones, Rock & Gem Kids and Earth Science In the News with Jim Brace-Thompson, Sneak Peek: Opals, The Road Report with Helen Serras-Herman, Picks & Pans, Show Dates, and the always popular Parting Shot.
If you enjoyed what you’ve read here we invite you to consider signing up for the FREE Rock & Gem weekly newsletter. Learn more>>>
In addition, we invite you to consider subscribing to Rock & Gem magazine. The cost for a one-year U.S. subscription (12 issues) is $29.95. Learn more >>>