Below is a snapshot of some of the topics and interests you can expect to see in the pages of the October 2019 issue of Rock & Gem. Plus, we’ve included some sample pages for you to enjoy.
• Tanzanite: A Rare and Remarkable Trichroic Gem. By Bob Jones
• Turquoise Travels: Visiting Albuquerque’s Turquoise Museum Castle. By Helen Serras-Herman
• Gems and Minerals of Maine (Part II): An Annual Conference and a New Museum Draw Interest. By Bob Jones
• Maine Mineral Attraction: Poland Mining Camps. By Antoinette Rahn
• Maine Mineral Attraction: Dig Maine Gems. By Antoinette Rahn
• A Study in Carving: Crossing the Globe to Learn Agate Carving. By Bruce McKay
• The United States Geological Survey: Serving the Nation and Rockhounds for 140 Years. By Steve Voynick
• Unparalleled Timberwolf Quartz: Unique Termination Prompts Intrigue. By Antoinette Rahn
In addition, you’ll find the following regular R&G columns: Bench Tips with Bob Rush, Rock Science with Steve Voynick, What to Cut with Russ Kaniuth, Club Corner, On the Rocks with Bob Jones, Rock & Gem Kids with Jim Brace-Thompson, Community Outlook-Just Off the Wheels with Erin Dana Balzrette, Picks & Pans, as well as an extensive Show Dates section, and the always popular Parting Shot.
We invite you to consider subscribing to Rock & Gem magazine, to enjoy columns by noted experts in the field and exclusive features about rockhounding adventures, lapidary work, geological phenomenons, and a wide variety of inspiring and informative reports.
The cost for a one-year U.S. subscription (12 issues) is just $29.95. Learn more >>>