Below is a snapshot of some of the topics and interests you can expect to see in the pages of the September 2020 issue of Rock & Gem. Plus, we’ve included some sample pages for you to enjoy.
• Agate Origins and Formations: Natural Treasures Thousands of Years in the Making and Appreciated for as Long. By Bob Jones
• Synthetic Diamonds: Evolution of a Laboratory Produced and Highly Debated Gemstone. By Steve Voynick
• Sneak Peek: Illustrious Opals
• Golden Anniversary Goodness: Lake Havasu Gem & Mineral Society Marks 50 Years. By Helen Serras-Herman
• Pennsylvania’s Pequea Silver Mine: Lancaster County’s Hub of Geological History and Modern Recreation. By Jordan D. Marche II
• The Lyman Museum: Taking in the Splendor and Intriguing History of One of the Top 10 Best Mineral Collections. By Donna Albrect
• Evolution of a Gem Cutting Family: Catching Up With a New Arrival — Cutting Edge Supply. By Antoinette Rahn
• Spinel: A Red Gem With a Fascinating History Well Beyond a Mistaken Identity. By Bob Jones
• Rock Tumblers for Autism: Finding Calm and Community Through Tumbling. By David Leaton
In addition, you’ll find the following regular R&G columns: Bench Tips with Bob Rush, Rock Science with Steve Voynick, What to Cut with Russ Kaniuth, On the Rocks with Bob Jones, Rock & Gem Kids and Earth Science In the News with Jim Brace-Thompson, The Road Report with Helen Serras-Herman, Picks & Pans, Show Dates, and the always popular Parting Shot.
If you enjoyed what you’ve read here we invite you to consider signing up for the FREE Rock & Gem weekly newsletter. Learn more>>>
In addition, we invite you to consider subscribing to Rock & Gem magazine. The cost for a one-year U.S. subscription (12 issues) is $29.95. Learn more >>>