Below is a snapshot of some of the topics and interests you can expect to see in the pages of the October 2020 issue of Rock & Gem. Plus, we’ve included some sample pages for you to enjoy.
• Turning to the “Other” Tourmaline Crystals: Complex, Plentiful and Affordable. By Bob Jones
• Nevada’s Carlin Trend: America’s Greatest Gold-Mining District. By Steve Voynick
• 10 Fascinating Facts About Opal: Celebrating October’s Captivating Birthstone. By Antoinette Rahn
• Claim to Copper Fame: Butte, Montana’s Colorful History of Becoming “The Richest Hill on Earth.” By Bob Jones
• Castanea Corals: Abundant Fossils from a Silurian Coral Reef. By Robert Beard
• Something New In Biggs Junction: Exploring a New Deposit Discovering in North Central Oregon. By Jim Landon
• Captivating Find at Carver Agate Field: Geologic Agate Mystery Draws Interest. By John L. Carver and Bill Halepeska
In addition, you’ll find the following regular R&G columns: Bench Tips with Bob Rush, Rock Science with Steve Voynick, What to Cut with Russ Kaniuth, On the Rocks with Bob Jones, Rock & Gem Kids and Earth Science In the News with Jim Brace-Thompson, Sneak Peek: Opals, The Road Report with Helen Serras-Herman, Picks & Pans, Show Dates, and the always popular Parting Shot.
If you enjoyed what you’ve read here we invite you to consider signing up for the FREE Rock & Gem weekly newsletter. Learn more>>>
In addition, we invite you to consider subscribing to Rock & Gem magazine. The cost for a one-year U.S. subscription (12 issues) is $29.95. Learn more >>>