Below is a snapshot of some of the topics and interests you can expect to see in the pages of the December 2019 issue of Rock & Gem. Plus, we’ve included some sample pages for you to enjoy.
• Ametrine: Bi-Colored Quartz Brilliance. By Bob Jones
• Linville’s Rockhounding Appeal: Caverns, Falls, and a Gem Shop Awaits. By Helen Serras-Herman
• The Modern World of Beads (Part II): Bright, Beautiful and Culturally and Economically Transformative. By Steve Voynick
• Spodumene: A Colorful Lithium Mineral. By Bob Jones
• Faceting Focus: Cutting a Brilliant Oval. By Jim Perkins
• Hunting For Ammonites (Part I): By Cliff or Riverway — Discovery is An Adventure. By Jim Landon
• Getting Into the Business: Simple Strategies for Becoming a Rock Show Vendor. By Donna Albrecht
• The Road Report: Carved Gems Inspired by Ancient Greek Love Story. By Helen Serras- Herman
In addition, you’ll find the following regular R&G columns: Bench Tips with Bob Rush, Rock Science with Steve Voynick, What to Cut with Russ Kaniuth, On the Rocks with Bob Jones, Rock & Gem Kids with Jim Brace-Thompson, Community Outlook-Just Off the Wheels with Erin Dana Balzrette, Picks & Pans, Club Corner, as well as an extensive Show Dates section, and the always popular Parting Shot.