Below is a snapshot of some of the topics and interests you can expect to see in the pages of the April 2021 issue of Rock & Gem. Plus, we’ve included some sample pages for you to enjoy.
• ARIZONA’S PERIDOT MESA GEM MINE: A Green Gem Born in Volcanic Lava. By Bob Jones.
• BURMESE JADE: The Story of Myanmar’s Jadeite. By Steve Voynick.
• A HISTORIC NATURAL WONDER WITH A PROMISING FUTURE: Revived Interest Shines on the Natural Bridge of Virginia. By Deborah Painter.
• THINK ZINC: The Mysterious Case of the Disappearing Metal. By Bob Jones.
• 7 QUESTIONS WITH STEVE VOYNICK
• TIPS & GEAR: Seize the Day in Rockhounding. By Antoinette Rahn.
• OHIO ISLAND HOPPING: Exploring the Depths of a Crystal Cave, Winery Provisions, and Fossil Fields. By Bruce McKay.
• ROCK & GEM REVISITED — PICTURE ROCKS: Discovering and Displaying Nature’s Landscape Artwork (April 1973 issue). By George Lindsay, with a sidebar by Martin Goodman.
• Rock & Gem On the Go: Catching Up With Gail and Jim Spann. By Antoinette Rahn and Tracy Alvarez.
In addition, you’ll find the following regular R&G columns: Bench Tips with Bob Rush, Rock Science with Steve Voynick, What to Cut with Russ Kaniuth, On the Rocks with Bob Jones, Rock & Gem Kids and Earth Science In the News with Jim Brace-Thompson, The Road Report with Helen Serras-Herman, Show Dates, and the always popular Parting Shot.